First of all, this list of binge-worthy Netflix series is not ranked—please don’t let me do that. I love everything on this list, some better than others, but I honestly can’t decide which one I love the most.
I also included some of my favorite episodes per TV show (in case you want to test the waters and don’t want to start on the pilot episode yet). All of them are already done so you won’t have to wait for a year (or more) before they release the next season.
P.S. This list excludes Netflix Original series.
The Bold Type (2017-2021)
If you want the Devil Wears Prada meets Sex and the City, this is the one. It’s set in New York City with three main girls (Jane, Sutton, and Kat) working at a women’s magazine. Everything from their outfits to the soundtrack is so perfect!
I relate to this show SO SO much. Writer? Check. Magazine? Check. I also don’t think I’ve ever been this empowered by a TV show until this one! It’s highly educational for women in their twenties (raise your hands, anyone?).
Can I also just point out that the girls’ friendship is the real goals? They let each other finish talking and prioritize who needs to vent the most before anyone can talk. I swear I could go on and on about the things that I love about this show—surely my number one at the moment.
The Bold Type Best Episodes
- Pilot (Season 1, Episode 1)
- Three Girls In A Tub (Season 1, Episode 7)
- Before Tequila Sunrise (Season 1, Episode 9)
- Trippin’ (Season 2, Episode 9)
- We’ll Always Have Paris (Season 2, Episode 10)
- Plus It Up (Season 3, Episode 2)
- #TBT (Season 3, Episode 6)
- 5, 6, 7, 8 (Season 4, Episode 9)
New Girl (2011-2018)
Definitely a sitcom I like to rewatch every now and then, New Girl is about Jess and her roommates. She moves into an apartment with three boys, hence the new girl. This show makes me laugh a lot being close to more guys than gals and having at least one main girl friend. Also, Jess’s wardrobe would make you want to wear more bold-colored dresses.
New Girl Best Episodes
- The 23rd (Season 1, Episode 9)
- Fluffer (Season 2, Episode 3)
- Cooler (Season 2, Episode 15)
- Elaine’s Big Day (Season 2, Episode 25)
- Prince (Season 3, Episode 14)
- Clean Break (Season 4, Episode 22)
- Landing Gear (Season 5, Episode 22)
- Five Stars for Beezus (Season 6, Episode 22)
How I Met Your Mother (2005-2014)
How I Met Your Mother revolves around the story of how Ted Mosby met the mother. He tells every detail of his life so he can properly paint a picture of how he ended up with the mom.
This was the first show I ever watched way before the Netflix era. Watching this in my teenage years prepared me for my 20’s so if you haven’t watched it, please do! This show will make you laugh and cry as it is totally relatable. I still watch this on Friday nights with a bottle of beer.
How I Met Your Mother Best Episodes
- Pineapple Incident (Season 1, Episode 10)
- World’s Greatest Couple (Season 2, Episode 5)
- Arrivederci, Fiero (Season 2, Episode 17)
- Ten Sessions (Season 3, Episode 13)
- Bad News (Season 6, Episode 13)
- Ducky Tie (Season 7, Episode 3)
- Tick Tick Tick (Season 7, Episode 10)
- Symphony of Illumination (Season 7, Episode 12)
- The Final Page (Season 8, Episode 11 to 12)
- No Questions Asked (Season 9, Episode 7)
Where do I even start with the Community? First off, it’s about a group of people with completely different backgrounds going to community college. It starts off normal and goes meta, especially if it’s an Abed-laden episode, and then completely emotional. I enjoy the banters and how they each matured as the show went on.
Community Best Episodes
- Epidemiology (Season 2, Episode 6)
- Conspiracy Theories and Interior Design (Season 2, Episode 9)
- Critical Film Studies (Season 2, Episode 19)
- For a Few Paintballs More (Season 2, Episode 24)
- Remedial Chaos Theory (Season 3, Episode 4)
- Pillows and Blankets (Season 3, Episode 14)
- Geothermal Escapism (Season 5, Episode 5)
- VCR Maintenance and Educational Publishing (Season 5, Episode 9)
- Modern Espionage (Season 6, Episode 11)
- Emotional Consequences of Broadcast Television (Season 6, Episode 13)
Another sitcom I’d probably love for the rest of my life, Friends follows six people in their 20s through every twist and turn. This show will mostly make you laugh as it is light and funny. I also love the 90’s outfits!
This show has gotten a lot of negative attention in the past few years, but let’s not forget how this is long before people were aware.
Friends Best Episodes
- The One with Goerge Stephanopoulos (Season 1, Episode 4)
- The One with the Flashback (Season 3, Episode 6)
- The One The Morning After (Season 3, Episode 16)
- The One with a Chick and a Duck (Season 3, Episode 21)
- The One with the Wedding Dresses (Season 4, Episode 20)
- The One with the Proposal (Season 6, Episode 24 to 25)
- The One Where They All Turn Thirty (Season 7, Episode 14)
- The One with the Donor (Season 9, Episode 22)
- The One with Phoebe’s Wedding (Season 10, Episode 12)
- The One with Princess Consuela (Season 10, Episode 14)
Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2013-2021)
Another detective series, Brooklyn Nine-Nine is basically about a team of quirky detectives solving cases in Brooklyn. It’s one of my feel-good shows to watch! I don’t want to spoil it yet but this Netflix series has one of my most loved romances ever. Plus, The Pontiac Bandit!!!
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Best Episodes
- The Bet (Season 1, Episode 13)
- Halloween II (Season 2, Episode 4)
- The Cruise (Season 3, Episode 13)
- The Night Shift (Season 4, Episode 4)
- The Fugitive: Part 2 (Season 4, Episode 12)
- HalloVeen (Season 5, Episode 4)
- Jake & Amy (Season 5, Episode 22)
- Hitchcock & Scully (Season 6, Episode 2)
- He Said, She Said (Season 6, Episode 8)
- The Suicide Squad (Season 6, Episode 18)
If you’re a fan of detective work, Sherlock is for you. Every episode has intriguing cases you’d really love.
I’ve watched the movies starring Robert Downey Jr. but I think I like the series better, probably because it’s more modern. It’s a bit heavy to watch with some funny banters between Sherlock and John every now and then. I like Sherlock’s sarcasm too.
There are only four seasons of Sherlock with about three episodes each running for an hour. There’s some news about having Season 5, but I’m not so sure if it’s still happening.
Sherlock Best Episodes
- A Scandal in Belgravia (Season 2, Episode 1)
- The Empty Hearse (Season 3, Episode 1)
- The Final Problem (Season 4, Episode 3)
Modern Family (2009-2020)
This Netflix series is such an emotional roller coaster. I think I tear up a little every episode because they can really, really portray a relatable family situation very well. Going from season 1 to season 11, you’ll see how much all of them have grown—literally and figuratively.
Plus, Claire’s iconic line: I’m a lady in the streets and a freak in the spreadsheets.
Modern Family Best Episodes
- My Funky Valentine (Season 1, Episode 15)
- Caught In The Act (Season 2, Episode 13)
- Schooled (Season 4, Episode 2)
- The Wedding (Season 5, Episode 23 and 24)
- Connection Lost (Season 6, Episode 16)
- A Year of Birthdays (Season 10, Episode 22)
- The Prescott (Season 11, Episode 10)
The Good Place (2016-2020)
I enjoyed The Good Place so much because it talked about philosophy (but in a much lighter way). It has a lot of character development that is quite similar to Lucifer except, again, this one is lighter. The whole the-devil-can-be-good too is very much evident, and they’re literally in hell but they were tricked into thinking that was heaven.
I can literally listen to Tahani say aluminum over and over.
The Good Place Best Episodes
- Michael’s Gambit (Season 1, Episode 13)
- Rhonda, Diana, Jake, And Trent (Season 2, Episode 11)
- Janet(S) (Season 3, Episode 9)
Gossip Girl (2007-2012)
Gossip Girl is all about well, gossip. It’s heavy drama and, we can all admit, unrealistic. It’s something you’d watch if you want to get angry and rant about who you hate the most. I did enjoy every episode even if you’ll get a headache every time one of them does something really absurd.
I probably shouldn’t add the Gossip Girl here only because it’s not really one of my favorite plots. But you know, it’s iconic—the fashion, the memes, good ol’ days!
Gossip Girl Best Episodes
- Bad News Blair (Season 1, Episode 4)
- Blair Waldorf Must Pie (Season 1, Episode 9)
- Southern Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (Season 2, Episode 22)
- The Treasure of Serena Madre (Season 3, Episode 11)
- Dr. Strangeloved (Season 3, Episode 19)
- Double Identity (Season 4, Episode 2)
- The Wrong Goodbye (Season 4, Episode 22)
What are some of your favorite TV shows that are available on Netflix? Let me know in the comments below!
Here are other films/TV series roundups you might like: